Thursday, August 19, 2010

MY Driving Classes!

LOng time! Sorry for d ones who have been expecting ma posts n sorry for d ones who have been not been expecting ma posts:) :)

It has always been a dream for me to drive around my own car in d city! Finally d initial step started 2 months back. Joined in a driving school nearby. Ma friend even promised to teach me driving in 2 weeks for 500 bucks per week. His offer was pretty cheap though, but poor soul must have had to spend at least a lakh on his hospital expenses. Maybe he should talk to ma driving sir! lol....
DAY1: SOOPER COOL ride for me, coz i was just handling d steering
DAY 2 n 3 n 4 n 5 n 6 n 7 went on like that.
DAY 12: I started believing, I can manage to drive myself hereafter. DOES IT SOUND LIKE A KARAN JOHAR MOVIE?
Then arrived d day when i had to practice H. IT was pretty confusing but at d end of d session I somehow managed to. After a hectic 30 day schedule my license test date arrived. Oh forgot to mention about d learner's license test day! Studied d whole 25 pages test booklet on d test day morning- nothing unusual - my test preparations have always been that way! The usual politics there at the RTO office! This time i was not at the receiving end. he he Since we were from a reputed driving school we got the priority to enter the test room surpassing the 128 who were in the queue n who had been waiting from early morning.... Felt sad for them but then I was being selfish ( I don't want to generalize people! ). I could see the reactions of people whom we had overtaken , grumbling n calling us names.. I had a "CANT HELP IT" attitude. Suddenly an officer who had finished his 11'o clock tea n snack came out just to make others feel he s dedicated to work. He made some arrangements in the queue n most of the ones whom we had overtaken was also made to stand along with us. Now their faces got lightened up. Finally, I passed the test!

Now on I can officially drive a car provided I have a person who has a license along with me. Early morning class made my driving sir wait outside my house everyday at least for 10 minutes. It all came to normal once I got a serious blasting from my sir in front of other students one fine morning. The driving trip was fun, I can concentrate on my speed alone while d sir would take care of the brake part, people on the road would call me names, run helter skelter.... now who s bothered?? I have my window glasses up , ac on! :) This fun did not prolong again due to unavoidable reasons.... I usually get serious when exam are a week ahead n d same way I had to get serious when license date was only a week away. Learning H was supposed to be claimed by a lot of people to be ROCKET SCIENCE n bah it isn't believe me! I am not Bragging but yeah it was the easiest part.

D BIG day arrived n all set to go for the license test. I was asked to carry a bottle of water n lunch since our Indian license test format is the easiest n shortest but takes a day to finish. Felt like I was going for trekking! n not to get tanned fully covered shoe, cap, a big bag with lots n lots of water, bread for lunch , sun glass, etc....... As usual there was a long queue at d place. I was standing at d front with other students from our driving school. Then slowly people started standing in front of us. Tension kept us stay quiet until a girl got on to my nerves! I had to impolitely as her to go n stand at the back of the queue. Her parents n driving sir gave me such a furious look as if I was burnt into ashes. Now again the long wait continued for an hour. Then came our barons of the day! There were three of them n they were 2 hours late for the test. I wished i could have made them a take a H test before assessing us. grrrrrr..... Then they started there usual brattish way of treating the CITIZENS. He made us stand in alphabetical order n the girl whom i very POLITELY had asked to go behind was the first to take the test:) :) wow must have been an enjoyable moment in THEIR LIVES..... No wonder V - vaishnavee was made to stand at the last. I wonder these people dont make mistakes alphabets. Finally, my turn to take the H test. I was given a different car from which I had been practicing with no accelerator (not in working condition, usually done by these driving schools to teach students to take H but I was not) . It was a cakewalk for me:) . (yeh Iam bragging). Then we had to wait for our turn for the road test. This was the funniest part I mean the practicing session. We all were learning the hand signal for right, left, north, south, etc....... Since the sir considered me to be the so called- best:):) out of the lot (driver), I was asked to go for the test first. Sir was sitting behind my seat to give instructions to stop n change gear by scratching on the seat. I started the car , changed 4 gears, the policeman was happy. He asked me to park it near a van. I was excited that the test got over, now that I can legally drive my car all alone! A sudden bump onto the pedestrian platform ruined all my dream..... sheesh i calculated the distance well ahead .... but then it was a curve and the width was much higher! my calculation(not maths) went wrong! My sir literally tore of the seat cover by scratching hard.... well I had to get down and after many years saw "Failed" written in red ink. I was broken! I had wait on the road for the car to return back after another student's test. I was standing on the side of the road, wondering what happened, I still couldn't believe it! It started raining, like in movies, my tears were not to be seen, i got drenched n walked in slow motion like the hero walking at the end of climax alone... ALL ALONE! BOOOHHHOOOO.

But the story has a happy ending..... After 15 days I went again for the road test, cleared it n finallly I am DRIVING the car! yipppeeeeee......................
to be contnued in PART 2 LOL( JUS KIDDING)

No comments:

Post a Comment