Friday, March 12, 2010

Just because Iam a GIRL!

I wish someone would have told me that, just because I'm a girl, I don't have to plan anything in line with my marriage!

I have always been a confused child. I like it being that way at times since it gives me an array of options first and then I get to choose from that. After tenth standard I was confused about the course to choose for 12th standard. I somehow managed to choose it in accordance with my liking to subjects then. Then came a bigger hurdle, choose what to do next! After much persuasion was allowed to go chennai for under graduation. However, this was possible due to many reasons like, sister already there, grandmother also there to take care of me. Cant blame anybody but only me , I was homesick for about 2 months and cried every time mom left back after visiting me there.

College life was an extreme experience. I meant extreme in the sense that totally conflicting
from what I have heard from others and my imagination. The only place I felt I was made to feel important in my life. At-least being a GIRL I felt that way soo much:) I got the chance to advice, fight, argue,compete, teach n even dominate over BOYS! comeon after all its an one time opportunity in life! god knows whether I rather a GIRL would get another chance:)) I truly enjoyed being a girl for those 5 years in my life. But soon there were lot of hitches.
Can I join the company in B'lore - No , you cant go that far. you are a GIRL!
No jobs in far away places, no job with traveling, no job with bond for more than a year, no night shift jobs, etc. You have to relocate after marriage. Can I go abroad fro higher studies?You can always go after marriage. Being a GIRL cant get harder.

What I hate the most being GIRL is ENCUMBRANCE

RESTRICTIONS : * get back home soooooon. * no theatre * you cant go there, u r a girl! argggghhhhh *start washing your clothes, keep your room clean, wash the vessels - later in life u have to manage a house! * You help me cook, let him watch tv, he is boy! * Let him go out, you can miss the outing with friends, no big deal. later in life u wil have to sacrifice lot. No night outs - when do we get to see night? jus peep through the window , see the stars and moon n exclaim oh yeh its night? bah! i CLAIM TO POUT .
We have to start washing vessels at 16, help to clean at 18, start cooking at 20, and stop arguing and fighting when you start learning how to argue n fight! so, when in our life do we get to do it? Plan our carrer and even work location in accordance with future life partner. How silly do girls have to live? We girls always envy certain things about guys, like night outs , prohibited inside kitchen, considered to be very strong anyways! certain things are taken for granted for them.

Though I hate lot of things being a girl I have enjoyed things more than what I have hated. So, never would I regret being a GIRL!


"I'd rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, get appreciated, help MEN and after we are the first to be rescued off sinking ships, THE TRUE SURVIVORS":)

We've begun to raise daughters more like sons... but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.
I WISH PARENTS START REALIZING AND BE IMPARTIAL :( SOB SOB

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaish,
    I don know which era gals yu talkin abt .Girls today are nt brought up in the way u potrayed .I see gals more powerful,competing on par with guys in business ,going fr higher education and have to say has lot more say in decisions regarding life and career .

    To be honest I would be lucky if i get a girl who knws everythin from cooking to housekeeping.May be that guys nowadays do not expect a stereo type girl .Certainly the freedom level given to woman has increased over the last ten years .

    Y talk about 2010 .My parents gt married in 1984 and u knw wt at my hme still my dad cooks . They both were working so each decided to share the responsibility .

    Largely yes you wrote what u went through and yes it is still there .All what m trying to say is the TREND IS CHANGING DEAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup its only in d process of changing n I was caught up in d changing phase! Also, you cant ask me which era I am in , its sounds as if I am talking about some small remaining percentage who are yet to change n for ur information .... NOOOOO I AM NOT TALKING ABT THE SMALL PERCENTAGE... I AM VOICING for the MAJORITY OR 99% OF D GIRLS R who r GOING THRU THIS . Jus wake up n understnd d reality which jus nt whts happening to d ppl around percentage whor yet to change n for ur information NOOOOO I AM NOT TALKING ABT THE SMALL PERCENTAGE I AM VOICING ABT the MAJORITY OR 99% OF D GIRLS R who r GOING THRU THIS . Jus wake up n understnd d reality which jus nt whts happening to d ppl around ! I DO AGREE THT A GIRL SHLD KNW EVRYHING FROM COOKING TO HOUSEKEEPING IM NT AGAINST IT. N U MENTIONED U UR DAD COOKING N PLLZ PLZZ UNDERSTND THT IM NT TALKING ABT A GUY COOKING OR CLEANING... ITS NT D USUAL FEMINIST TALK THT I WANNA DO , ITS D MIND SET THT IM TALKING ABT N FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE CHANGE THE OUTLOOK... THTS WT I MEANT....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol,,do you realise we both stand on the same pitch. We both are exaclty speaking the same point dear .I am nt too sure abt the percentage which you gave but definitely the trend is changing

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeh i do bt certain examples n words used dint fit in me. coz u were sounding i was talkin abt somethin happenin in d 18th century! phew:) can explaining make people tired??

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-)
    nice post...its ok vaish ! girls are brought up like that coz later they form the pillar of a healthy family ! A child might be comfortable at home one day if his father 'night-out' and go on a party..but he/she cant survive if his mom starts doing so ...similarly, each and every restriction put forward has a very noble intention.. for a healthy generationEXT !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes true to an extent , but then cnt d mothers party before being a MOTHER?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get married to a guy who will take you for parties. Problem solved :D:D

    ReplyDelete